Fun Run Preparations
The time is here, please come to the Peckham Parkrun meeting point to register at 8:30am on Sunday, receive your running number, fill out the medical information on the back of your number and receive safety pins to put it on.
During registration the team just need to match you to the number you take so that you can receive your finishing time and place afterwards – we will be sending this information out on email Tuesday latest.
Just a few house keeping notes:
- Keep an eye out for the Gareth James Placard boards and other signage around the course they should help you get around the course more smoothly.
- We will be signposting for pedestrians to ‘Be aware of the runners’ but also please be aware of the pedestrians.
- Marshals will be placed around the site to hopefully aid you in a safe run.
- 10k’ers, if you can run on the grass in congested areas please do so, when we go fo the lap around the Rye please stay on the grass where possible.
- Please don’t forget to bring some water; there will be a water desk for the 10k’ers
We will be starting off with the 1k run at 9:00am. The course is as illustrated in the map below, this will be one lap.
The 5k course is below and starts at 9:15am; there may be a slight amendment to the route on the day but we will give you the details on arrival. This will be 3 laps.
The 10k course is below and starts at 9:45am; if there are amendments these will be made prior to the race and you will be informed on arrival. This will be 3 laps.
Finally look out for one another, this is a fun run, there are no prizes for 1st, 2nd or 3rd but there is a gift from us for participation at the end of the race.
This race has been entirely funded by Peckham Festival and there will be donation buckets at the fun run and across the weekend at various sites and we welcome any contributions.
Look forward to meeting you all and cheering you on #PeopleMakePeckhamRun