Calling all Queens, Kings, trans folks, queers, bisexuals, POC, non binary, and allies! Please join us in the RUMPUS ROOM at Peckham Festival for a day of fun and frivolity; in which we celebrate the local LGBTQ+ Community!
Our line up is a diverse mix of talks, dance, music, art and performance! This includes a vogueing class and mini ball, with Jay Jay Revlon: Father of Kiki House of Tea and UK leader of the legendary House of Revlon!
Celebrated documentary photographer Marc Vallée will be delivering a talk on his work including his latest zine Documenting Thierry; on the life of French male sex worker and political activist Thierry Schaffauser; followed by a Q&A, a showcase of Marc’s work and zine signing!
Chloe Myndiuk and Kevin Le Grand Bailor are a local artist/model duo, who will be hosting a life drawing class featuring a drag artist model; plus performance!
Peckham LGBTQ party FRUITÉ with @FRUITÉ1st BirthdayatPeckhamFestival close proceedings; with a glamorous (and fruity) bang!
- 12 Noon Opening Reception
- 1PM Performance by electro-artist James Leon
- 2PM celebrated documentary photographer Marc Vallée presents Documenting Thierry and zine talk
- 3PM Vogue Dance Class with Jay Jay Revlon (Kiki House of Tea and Vogue dance teacher)… followed by Mini Ball and Battle!
- 5PM Wine & Line’s Chloe Myndiuk: delivers a Life Drawing Class: with a drag artist model!
- 6PM Fresh from the Edinburgh Fringe, art historian and comedian Kitty Walsh takes us on a journey through the homo-eroticism and gender interpretation of renaissance art: Albrecht Dürer: Renaissance Queer?
- 8PM Fruite takeover and out!
Southwark LGBTQ Network and Metro Charity, will be on site to discuss their advocacy, sexual health, offer advice etc and Peckham-based poet Ian Turner, will be exhibiting his work, which tackles the issues faced by the modern gay man.